Full-Time / Part-Time Security Officer (S-1668)
Entry-level Unarmed OR Armed Security Officer Positions
Pay rate is based on experience and certifications ($10.00+).
All uniforms and job specific training will be provided for free.
Bayside Security is seeking an energetic, professional, and detail-oriented persons to join us for full time employment in our Southern Patrol Unit for work in the Resort Beach Areas (Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Fenwick Island, and/or Selbyville area). As a Security Officer you will be a critical part of our mission to provide a safe & secure environment for our clients. If you are an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who likes to work in a fun, fast paced environment, we would like to talk with you.
Special Information for this Position
- Year-round, and seasonal positions.
- This position can be filled by either an Unarmed or Armed Security Officer, paid accordingly.
- A current Delaware Security License is not required, but preferred. Those without a current security license will have a delayed start due to state requirements on background and training.
- 36+ hours per week. Overnight style hours with a time frame of 1430 to 0430hrs. Multiple different shifts within that time frame are available.
- Must have access to a computer at your home to check company provided email and complete internet based reports. Must have home internet.
- Must have access to reliable, personally owned, transportation as buses may not be available during work schedule.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas by patrol car, foot, or bicycle.
- Enforce property rules and regulations as needed or required.
- Enforce local, state, and/or federal laws as needed or required, within the limits of a Security Officer.
- Work with local police, fire, or EMS services as needed.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing, as applicable.
- Must meet one of the following background criteria:
- One year of public safety experience preferred(police officer, seasonal police officer, loss prevention, corrections, security, Fire/EMS, etc).
- Must be trained and certified in Pepper Spray, Handcuffs, and Expandable Baton - training provided for free through BSPS if you do not already have it.
- Must be trained and certified in CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid - training provided for free through BSPS if you do not already have it.
- Must be able to purchase duty equipment (handcuffs, baton, pepper spray, flashlight, and applicable holders/belt) with-in 14 days of completion of applicable training, if you do not already have it. Average total cost for this equipment is $150.00.